Continuous and systematic monitoring of Common Stingray's (Dasyatis pastinaca)
The projects mainly aims:
- To understand better the living and feeding habitat of the common stingray.
- To understand it's behavior and it's way of disguise from the preys.
- To see why it's preferring this habitat for a nursery for their youngs.
- To record (photos and videos) the common stingray all the year.
To do all these things i need:
- To be able to go at least 1-2 times a week in this beach and try to analyze the behavior i see and record it.
- Try to use more modern technology, like a ROV, and not just an underwater camera.
- To upload the data to citizen science platforms, like inaturalist.
- And try to have continuous data for more than 1-2 years.
More about this project and updates on: